Tuesday, March 11, 2014

3.5 Win!

I missed a day of blogging, so this goes back to Sunday night.

Sunday night, Whitney and I won on #3 doubles in our 3.5 match: 6-4, 6-3.  We were down 4-1 in the first set, and came back to win the set!  One of our opponents had a very strong forehand and a good serve, so it took us a few games to adjust to her.  We mostly played to avoid her, which worked very well.  Her partner wasn't bad, but she was beatable.

Yesterday morning, I did P90X+ Kenpo Cardio+ to burn about 280 cal.  This is the last week of this phase of my morning workouts.

Last night, I played my usual doubles at TCCP.  I was feeling really off during the warm up and the first few games - I almost felt on the verge of being light-headed.  So I started off really badly.  But then I started feeling better, and ended up winning all three rounds with my partners.  Nice!

Unfortunately, my right forearm and elbow are really starting to hurt when I play.  I'm sure it's just too much tennis and repetitive motion with the racquet, as well as the gripping.  I'm going to have to decide what I want to do about it.

This morning, I did P90X2 Shoulders + Arms and X2 Ab Ripper.  I got another rep or two on some of the exercises.  I had been hoping to get some more reps on the Arnold shoulder presses (which I've been going with 25 lbs per hand for the first two rounds), but I was having a bit of a problem with my balance and couldn't do it.  I thought maybe I'd have trouble holding the weights today with the way my forearm has been hurting, but it didn't really bother me for this.  Apparently the pain is very tennis-specific.  At any rate, I burned about 180 calories for the morning workout.

I'm going to try cardio tennis again tonight.  Hopefully it will really happen this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment