Thursday, March 13, 2014

Speed is hard

Yesterday afternoon, my run was speed intervals.  The plan was to do 8x3 minute intervals at 7.2 mph, with 90 seconds of walking at 3.5 mph in between.  However, it didn't quite go like that.  I got two intervals done at 7.2 mph, and then had to go down to 7.1 mph for the rest.  And even then I had to hop onto the side rails for some short breaks.  It's hard to increase speed! 

Clearly I need to adapt my intervals to do shorter intervals, but more of them, so I can do them at faster speeds.  I'll have to think this through for the next ones.  Overall, the run took 46:00 and went 4.13 miles.

This morning, I did P90X2 Chest + Back + Balance and X2 Ab Ripper for the last time in this phase.  Chest is definitely one of the stronger muscles for me, as I continued to improve those exercises.  I even got more reps in most of them than I did at my best the last time I went through the program.  The pull-ups were not so good, but I did get a few more chair-assisted reps.  I burned about 230 calories overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment