Sunday, March 9, 2014

My Mom Did Some Boxing!

This morning I went to the 9:30am boxing class instead of the 11:30am like I usually do.  Fortunately Nate was teaching the earlier class, too, since I like his class.  My Mom is visiting, so I brought her along.  I couldn't talk her into putting on boxing wraps and gloves, but she did agree to do the various conditioning exercises with the class.  And then once she got going, she did some shadow boxing around the bag!  She did a great job, since the class was a lot harder the the Curves routines she usually does.  The staff at Champion Boxing Fitness was also very good about helping her out and keeping an eye on her.  It was a good morning!

Yesterday, I got the tank top I ordered from the Frederick Running Festival half marathon that I'll be doing.  I tried it on because I'd like to wear it for the race, but I don't think I can wear it before then.  I haven't earned it yet. 

Something I've been thinking about lately is whether I need to try eating anything while running in preparation for the half-marathon.  So far the longest distance I've run is 10 miltes, and I didn't feel like I was running out of energy for that.  I have never eaten anything while running.  I'm not sure I'm going to worry about it.  I've got some 12 and 13-mile runs coming up in my training, so we'll see how that goes.

Lately I've been doing my Saturday runs in the late morning before lunch.  This seems like good eating/digestion practice, since I eat breakfast and then run about two hours later.  So far I haven't had any stomach problems.  During one run I did have to take several bathroom breaks, but most of the time I haven't even had that issue.  Hopefully this means I'll be able to eat breakfast at home before the half-marathon and then by the time the race starts my stomach will have dealt with that food.

No comments:

Post a Comment