Saturday, March 22, 2014

First 12-mile Run

This morning I did my first 12-mi run, on the treadmill.  I did it at my goal pace, 5.8 mph, so it took 2:04:10.  The last 2 - 3 miles were really pretty hard, but I stuck them out.  My jumps onto the rails for a drink got a bit longer than usual, and I had one bathroom break.  It's nice to know I can go that far - that's almost the half-marathon distance.  I've got 13 miles coming up in a couple weeks in my plan.

This afternoon I had a tennis practice with my teams.  My legs were feeling a little dead, but I managed to play reasonably well.  The best thing is that my elbow didn't really hurt.  I wore the sleeve/strap and the soft wrist brace.  I put the topical NSAID on before and after, and I took ibuprofen before and after.  I've now done four days of exercises with the Thera-bar.  The elbow twinged a few times, but nothing bad.  Hopefully this is a good sign.  I have tomorrow off from tennis, but then I have three days in a row.  We'll see if the elbow can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment