Sunday, March 2, 2014

Signed up for the half marathon!

This morning I did my usual boxing class.  I was not as wiped out as I thought I might be after yesterday's long run and tennis practice.  Hopefully that will hold up for my 3.5 match tonight.

I did some number-crunching yesterday, and I think it's a very reasonable goal for me to finish my half-marathon in 2:15:00 or less.  I think I'm going to do some goal-pace runs of about 7 miles where I run at about 6.0 mph.  At that speed, I would definitely be under 2:15:00, so I want to get used to it.

For my runs so far, I've been including my 5-minute walking warm ups and cool downs in my times and mileage.  I don't think I'm going to do that any more, though.  It makes it hard to figure out what kind of pace I'm actually running at.  So for my tempo runs, goal pace runs, and long runs from now on, I will not include them.  I'll keep them in my interval runs, though, since those aren't really the same kind of runs.

I have signed up for the half-marathon!  I will be doing the half-marathon at the Frederick Running Festival.  I feel like it's a bit expensive, but my first one is definitely one to celebrate.  Of course, I missed the early registration date by 2 days, so I paid an extra $10.

Before then, I'm going to do at least one 10 K, and maybe two.  I'm thinking about the one in Gaithersburg on Mar. 30.  Possibly I will also do one next weekend on Mar. 9.  We'll see.  It's getting exciting to think that I'm actually going to be able to do a whole (ha ha) half-marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment