Friday, March 14, 2014

Unexpected Run

I was supposed to play in a 6.5 combo match last night, but the other team had to default a court.  That means that Joan and I didn't get to play (although we won that court).  Fortunately, the team won one of the two remaining courts, so we won the match overall.  I could've asked someone else to sit out, since I'm team captain, but since my elbow has been hurting it seemed wise to take a break.

Since I had the evening free, I did a goal pace run that I did not have in my original plan.  I ran 6.0 miles in 1:02:04, which was a speed of 5.8 mph.  I'm really hoping that if I keep running at that speed on the treadmill, I'll be able to run at that speed outside.  Usually I try to run faster outside.

Today is my rest day.  This morning I did my shortened version of P90X2 Recovery + Mobility.  The foam rolling on the length of my legs in between quads and IT band felt really good.  I still don't know what that is, but running seems to make it tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment