Sunday, March 16, 2014

Boxing is OK for Tennis Elbow

This morning I did my usual boxing class.  I've not had any elbow problems with it, but given that my elbow has been hurting a lot, I was a little worried.  However, it didn't bother me at all.  I talked to the pro leading the class, and he agree that it shouldn't if you're punching with proper form.  Always keep your elbows in at your side and punch forward; don't "flap" your elbows and punch around from the side.  I generally keep pretty good form, so I guess that's why it hasn't bothered me.  Good!  I was feeling a little tired today during class, which I guess is no surprise after yesterday.

I have a 3.0 match this evening, so that will be the real test of my elbow.  Hopefully I can play smart and win without tweaking it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment