Monday, March 17, 2014

Made it through the match

I had a 3.0 match last night.  Unfortunately Fran and I lost #1 doubles 6-2, 7-5.  The good news is that my elbow did OK.  I wore the compression sleeve with forearm strap that I have.  I also wore a soft wrist brace of my husband's.  The elbow seems to hurt most when I pronate (perhaps not appropriately), and so I was hoping the brace would help with that.  At any rate, the elbow wasn't too bad.

The bad news is that we lost, and the team lost the match overall.  When Fran and I play, we usually play with me on the deuce side.  However, I wanted to hit fewer forehands and more backhands because of my elbow, so we started on the opposite sides.  Well, that didn't work very well.  We switched back to our usual configuration in the second set, and we played much better.  Our opponents wanted to lob and lob and lob.  In the second set, we also did a better job of taking the ball out of the air and moving it around.  We were up 5-3, but lost the set.  Grrr.  We should've won the second set, at least.  A few too many unforced errors in that set.

This morning began my recovery week for my morning workouts.  Even so, I did P90X+ Kenpo Cardio+, like I have been doing on Mondays.  It's a good all-around cardio workout.  I wanted a bit more of a burn (280 cal today), because we got a lot of snow so I'll be home all day and not moving too much.  I always have trouble with having a lower burn in my recovery week.  I did at least foam roll my legs afterward.  My legs are a bit sore today, probably from some of the jumping in boxing yesterday.

I have a tough mixed match tonight with my husband.  Hopefully the elbow will hold up.

No comments:

Post a Comment