Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Awesome Mixed Win!

Last night Bill and I played a 7.0 mixed combo match against the top team.  They had only lost one match out of 11 so far and only 3 individual courts.  Bill and I won against them on #1 doubles!  It was a close one: 5-7, 7-6, 1-0.  We were pretty worried after the warm up, because the opposing man had warmed up some very strong serves and groundstrokes.  However, he did not generally hit as well during the match.  The opposing woman had some awesome overheads and a really annoying short return.  We spent the first set adjusting to all of that.  During the second set, we did a better job of moving the ball around and staying away from the overheads.  Bill played amazingly well.  He kept the opposing man off-balance and played some great angles.  He's so fast on the court!

Unfortunately our team lost the other two courts, so we lost the match overall.  But our match was challenging and a lot of fun.

My elbow did not bother me too much during the match.  I know it's still a problem, though.  I have four days off from tennis now, so hopefully that will get it started on the healing process.

This morning I did Insanity Core Cardio & Balance to burn about 190 calories.  My legs are still sore from boxing on Sunday.  My legs sometimes get sore and it lasts for almost a week just from something that didn't bother me that much at the time.  I suspect this is going to be one of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment