Tuesday, March 25, 2014

So far, so good...

Last night I played two hours of tennis.  Some drilling, some doubles, some singles.    So far, the elbow is not bothering me.  I'm still wearing the sleeve/strap and wrist brace, and using the NSAID cream.  However, I can't complain that I'm getting through it OK.  However, I played horribly.  Just couldn't focus.  Weird.

This morning I did P90X2 Plyocide.  I've always thought that this is a very effective workout.  When I've looked up suggested lower-body plyo moves to help with tennis, a lot of the moves in Plyocide are listed.  I definitely prefer it to Insanity the Asylum Vertical Plyo because it doesn't insist on going, going, going with no breaks until you lose form.  From what I've read about training for plyometric ability, you should be taking breaks between the moves in order to be able to give the next one everything you've got.  In other words, you're not training your cardio fitness, you're training for power.  The end of the workout has some neurointegrated stretching, which has not impressed me so far, but I do it.  Give me my foam roller instead.  I burned about 220 calories in the workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment