Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Cardio Frustration

Well, I did not get to do cardio tennis last night.  The minimum to do the clinic is three people, and there were three of us signed up.  However, at least three have to actually show up in the first 15 minutes.  The third person was delayed, so it was canceled.  I ended up hanging around and doing some points games and singles with the two other guys, but it was not really what I had been planning on.

This morning I did Insanity: The Asylum Vol. 1 Vertical Plyo.  I still hate this workout.  It's so hard that even the people in the video can't keep going continuously after the first few minutes.  As I've seen someone remark, only Shaun T thinks that double jumps are "active recovery". I think the problem for me is that it's so hard that I just don't even feel like pushing myself that much, so I end up dogging it. I also worry about the impact on my knees with all the tuck jumps and power jumps, even though I try to land softly.  I burned 199 calories during it today.

Tonight I have a treadmill run scheduled.

No comments:

Post a Comment